Investment Banking Industry Scholars (IBIS)
The IBIS program is a career program offered through the W. P. Carey School of Business dedicated to educating students on the investment banking industry.
IBIS Course Description:
- Focus on investment banking organizational structures, products, risks, earnings, regulations, innovations and competition.
- Analyze the functions of the “banking” business (corporate finance advisory, M&A, debt and equity capital markets), the “sales and trading” business (client-related sales and trading and proprietary trading) and other investment banking-related businesses (e.g., asset management, hedge funds, private equity, venture capital).
- Review new, innovative Wall Street securities, instruments and advisory products.
- Explore investment banking relationships with corporate and institutional clients.
Women and students in STEM are highly encouraged to participate.
Typical student profile
Recent alumni placement
Some of the firms IBIS students intern and work for:
- Goldman Sachs
- J.P. Morgan
- Morgan Stanley
- Deutsche Bank
- Credit Suisse
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Perella Weinberg Partners
- Moelis and Company
- GCA Global
- Wells Fargo
- Piper Jaffray
- Ducera Partners
- McKinsey and Co
Typical industries of alumni
Class grade breakdown
Application process and details
How to get involved*
This program has generally been populated by undergraduate finance students who will have earned Sophomore or Junior status by the fall enrollment, but other students who bring strong credentials may be considered. Applications may be submitted for the 2024-2025 academic year in spring 2024. Specific dates will be posted January 2024.
- 500 word or less cover letter detailing the area of investment banking in which you are interested in working and why
“Personally, IBIS enabled me to gain exposure to corporate finance, valuation, and the overall merger & acquisition environment. This was extremely helpful for me as I was going into my summer investment banking internship with J.P. Morgan, and ultimately contributed to me receiving a full-time offer with the firm.”
James Hert, J.P. Morgan, IBIS Alum
“The IBIS program provided me with the networking and technical skills that I needed to excel in investment banking. Through the IBIS program, I developed relationships with people who will be life-long friends and a skillset that will serve me throughout my career.”
Clayton Jenners, Deutsche Bank, IBIS Alum
“It comes as no surprise that the IBIS students who participate in our intern and full-time programs are extraordinarily qualified and well-prepared to work in a challenging work environment such as ours. The IBIS program and the W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU have put them in a position to not only pursue a career on Wall Street, but to succeed in a career on Wall Street.”
Elizabeth Crain, COO, Moelis & Company
Career Counselor, Employer Engagement
Werner Bonadurer, PhD
Clinical Professor of Finance
Current student leaders