Submit all the admissions materials to the ASU Graduate College and complete the online application, which should take about 30 minutes.
For your application to be considered, you must submit your application online by December 19, 2022 and the ASU Graduate College must receive all of your supplementary materials (recommendations letters, test scores and transcripts) by January 9, 2023. It is your responsibility to track the status of your application online and ensure that all of the materials have been received by the deadline. These are the deadlines for the PhD in Marketing at ASU. You may encounter different deadlines on the Graduate College application itself. You must follow the PhD in Marketing deadlines for your application to be considered.
- Admission is granted for the fall term only.
- We are considering applications for Consumer Behavior ONLY at this time. Please do not apply if you wish to be considered for any other track because your application will not be considered.
- The online application deadline is December 19.
- The supporting documents deadline is January 9. Supporting documents must include:
- Official GMAT scores or GRE scores
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- When you submit your application, your recommenders will receive an email invitation to submit a letter directly to our admissions system. It is critical that you notify your recommenders of our final deadline of January 9, because the email invitation will not indicate a deadline.
- Personal statement/essay, which should include:
- The name of the track (we are considering applications for Consumer Behavior ONLY at this time) to which you are applying.
- Why you are interested in getting a PhD in marketing.
- Why you are interested in ASU.
- Your specific research interests and ideas.
- ASU Graduate College online application
- Official transcripts & Application fee
- TOEFL score (International applicants only)
All doctoral programs applicants must submit the following to the ASU Graduate College:
It is critical that you write your Document Reference Number on all materials prior to mailing. This number can be obtained from the ASU Graduate College application checklist, found on the last page of the online application.
If you are among the final shortlist of applicants, you will be required to submit an additional essay assignment (a journal article critique) before final consideration for admission.
Application Fee Waiver
Applicants who are U.S. citizens or U.S. Registered Permanent Residents may be eligible for a waiver of the application fee. We do not waive application fees for international students.
Eligible applicants must also meet one of the following requirements:
- GRE Fee Reduction Certificate Recipients (for the current academic year): Recipients must provide a scanned copy of the completed GRE Fee Reduction Certificate imprinted with an official school stamp or seal signed by the appropriate school official. Information on the GRE Fee Reduction Program is available from the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
- McNair Scholars (current or former): McNair Scholars must provide verification of their McNair Scholar status from the McNair Scholar's Program Director at their institution.
- PhD Project Conference Participants (accepted to attend the current or previous year's conference): Accepted conference participants must provide verification of their approved conference acceptance from the PhD Project.
Requesting an Application Fee Waiver
Important: All requests for fee waivers should be sent via email to the W. P. Carey Marketing Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 10 business days prior to the application deadline.