Department of Management - About the Department of Management
About the Department of Management
W. P. Carey management students gain current and relevant knowledge of management and entrepreneurship practice and theory from esteemed faculty who are world-class researchers and teachers. In addition to their research, our faculty also publishes leading textbooks in management, and they have won several local and international teaching awards.
Our faculty includes three fellows of the Academy of Management. Our faculty also includes Associate Editors at Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Strategic Management Journal.
The Department of Management routinely ranks as one of the top five departments in the world, as measured by research publications in the field’s top journals. Between 2010 and 2014, the Department of Management ranked #4 in the world. Our faculty researches a number of diverse topics such as:
- Employee turnover
- Corporate governance
- CEO Compensation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic alliances
The intellectual capacity represented by the research rankings has been translated into dramatic curriculum revisions in the undergraduate program. The Department of Management currently offers courses related to:
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
The Management Department endeavors to:
- Prepare students to become team-skilled, collaborative leaders
- Promote theories and concepts of management and ethical leadership
- Maintain national rankings in both research and teaching
- Texas A & M University and the University of Florida, our faculty ranked No. 1 in 2011. In 2014, our faculty ranked No. 6. Between 2010 and 2014, our faculty ranked No. 4.