Why Choose W. P. Carey
Maybe you’re planning to advance your community college education into an undergraduate degree. Or perhaps the four-year college or university you chose to attend hasn’t met your expectations. Whether it’s for financial reasons or because your current school just isn’t the right match, there are many reasons to consider transferring to ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business:
- Learning at a top-ranked business school adds weight to your degree, and value to your experience
- Diverse financial assistance packages and scholarships offset already affordable tuition rates to maximize your college investment
- Direct admission gives you the freedom and flexibility to pursue your passion across 25+ business degree programs and many other learning opportunities university-wide
- Undergraduate research opportunities allow you to work alongside outstanding faculty
- Over 1,000 student clubs and organizations — including 45+ dedicated to business students — make it easy to find and connect with people who have similar goals and interests
- Multiple campuses in the Phoenix area provide incredible access to personal and professional opportunities across 30+ neighboring cities
- Close proximity to top companies, recruiters, and internships means you can scale your career from day one
- 300+ sunny days per year … yes, really!
The Transfer Process
We want to make your transfer to ASU as smooth as possible. The W. P. Carey School of Business will work with you early in the application process to ensure you are prepared to apply, become familiar with the ASU environment, and learn about the campus resources. In addition, ASU offers many tools and resources to help you make the most of your earned credits, apply for financial aid, and more:
Supporting Transfer Student Success
After you are admitted, the W. P. Carey School brings you up to speed with the important resources and contact people that can help you succeed as a W. P. Carey student. This includes setting up a one-on-one appointment with your advisor, when you can discuss your academic goals and submit your courses for review to ensure maximum transfer credit. Learn more about academic advising and support at W. P. Carey.
Getting involved is an important part of ensuring your success as a W. P. Carey student. From student clubs and organizations to community events and activities, there are plenty of ways to make a home for yourself at the W. P. Carey School of Business.
No matter where you are in your professional development, the Business Career Center is an invaluable tool for future mobility. Transfer students are encouraged to leverage this resource early on, to take advantage of as many career resources and recruiting opportunities as possible. Learn more about the Business Career Center.
The W. P. Carey School recommends all transfer students take WPC 301 — a class taught by Business Career Center staff, focusing on career exploration and preparation — during their first semester at ASU. This class will connect you with job search tools and resources available to you at W. P. Carey, and illustrate the ways in which these opportunities can help you achieve your career goals. Learn more about how to succeed at W. P. Carey.