Message from the chair
Welcome to the Department of Information Systems!
The Department of Information Systems research and teach topics surrounding data/information and systems/technologies that are used to support operations, decision making, and strategies in organizations and to address inefficiency and enhance welfare in society.
Data of various forms are being generated at an astounding speed and volume, together with significant advancement in computing power and information and communication technologies, new opportunities and threats are emerging. In this age of transformation, the Department of Information Systems faculty strives to be at the forefront of technological changes, both in research and teaching. Our faculty conducts inspirational and impactful research that help push the frontiers of knowledge, incorporates state-of-the-art knowledge and advanced technology in teaching, and seeks meaningful engagement with students, corporate stakeholders and society.
We offer a comprehensive set of undergraduate, masters and Ph. D. programs in Information Systems and Analytics areas. All our programs are highly ranked and well recognized for the high quality of teaching and research conducted by the Department’s world renowned faculty:
- The undergraduate programs in Computer Information Systems (CIS) and Business Data Analytics (BDA) are consistently ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Our two masters programs: Master of Science in Information Systems Management (MSISM) and Master of Science in Business Analytics (MS-BA) programs, offered both in person and online, are also consistently ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News and World Report
- Graduate online programs offered in the W. P. Carey School ranked No. 2 by U.S. News and World Report
- The UT Dallas Research Rankings lists our department at No. 9 for research productivity worldwide
- Wall Street Journal ranking for recruiter preference ranked ASU at No. 5 nationwide
- ASU is No. 4 among destinations for international students, as ranked by the Institute for International Education
The PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems develops the next generation of Information Systems researchers. Our PhD graduates are consistently placed in leading research universities around the world
We strongly believe that good academic programs are designed through collaboration with industry stakeholders. Our Executive Council and Executive Advisory Board members advise us on curriculum development in our undergraduate and graduate programs. . We actively engage with industry partners on cutting-edge research projects. We also provide upskilling training and promote life-long learning with several certificate programs.
Many of our research activities are conducted within the Actionable Analytics Lab and the Digital Society Initiative. These labs engage business partners to incubate research projects that have high academic rigor and industry relevance.
If you are interested in getting update of our Department and learning some of our past and current research projects, please check out or register for our knowIT newsletter.
We welcome every opportunity to connect with our students, alumni and stakeholders. For additional information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pei-yu Sharon Chen