Ways to Learn Business Abroad
The W. P. Carey School of Business strongly encourages every business student to study abroad. International study and internship programs cultivate characteristics that will take you far in your career and your life, including communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, motivation, and a real-life perspective on business applications worldwide.
Considering the tremendous value of these experiences, the W. P. Carey School works hard to make studying abroad as accessible as possible for business students:
- All W. P. Carey students can complete business major requirements at partner institutions abroad, including universities in Europe, Asia, Australia, and Latin America
- Options to study abroad for a summer session, semester, or academic year
- Access to specialized faculty-directed, exchange, and direct partnership programs for W. P. Carey students
- Planning assistance from special W. P. Carey international programs advisors, including help working with the ASU Study Abroad Office
- Opportunity to diversify your degree with the W. P. Carey certificate in international business
- Scholarships for qualified students — ASU students earned close to $1 million in study abroad scholarships during the 2013-2014 academic year
A World of Opportunities
For many W. P. Carey students, studying abroad is a defining experience in their college career. Explore student stories and staff insights to learn more about international programs at the W. P. Carey School of Business.
See why Bennett Dwosh is thankful for his study abroad experience in Europe, and hopes he can return to continue his quest for global perspective.
Trevor Thompson sheds light on two common misconceptions about studying abroad, after spending the summer in Europe.
W. P. Carey International Programs Coordinator Vivian Kiss advises students to go abroad, get lost — and return like a boss. See why your professional development abroad starts the moment you lose your way.