About the School of Accountancy
The accountancy programs at the W. P. Carey School of Business has long been recognized as one of the finest in the country. We provide students with hands-on exposure to real-world business processes and strategies, through a range of degree offerings:
- Undergraduate programs with real-world relevance
- Master’s degree programs with a data analytics emphasis
- PhD programs led by world-renowned faculty
Accounting faculty members are nationally reputed leaders in their respective fields. They have designed a technology-enriched accountancy curriculum that exposes students to accounting systems and database concepts with an emphasis on faculty supervised team projects.
The School of Accountancy has been accredited by the AACSB since 1987.
Message from the chair
Andy Call, Director
Welcome to the School of Accountancy at the W. P. Carey School of Business. We are home to thousands of successful alumni who through their leadership and vision are making a difference around the world. Our faculty and staff currently serve more than 1,200 undergraduate and over 100 graduate students. Our programs are consistently ranked in the top 15 by such publications as U.S. News & World Report and Public Accounting Report.
Our website connects you to information about our programs, our students, our faculty, and a host of activities in which they engage. In addition, you will find a vibrant and diverse collection of scholarly publications and working papers by our faculty. These works represent relevant and timely research in auditing, information systems, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and taxation.
Mission, vision, and shared values
Our mission is (1) to provide students with a high quality education focusing on the discipline of accounting with an emphasis on ethics, critical thinking, communication and specific accounting knowledge skills, (2) to advance knowledge in the accounting discipline through research, and (3) to provide high-quality service to our stakeholders and the community.
Our vision is (1) to educate ethical future leaders for the accounting profession, business, and government, (2) to create knowledge for the public good and (3) to assume significant leadership and participatory responsibility to stakeholders and the community.
Our shared values include commitments to:
- A multicultural and diverse community for our students, staff and faculty.
- Current, relevant curricula for each of our programs that reflects our mission and vision.
- High quality scholarship primarily related to the field of accounting that emphasizes creating knowledge through original research.
- Positive, productive relationships with key stakeholder groups and the community.
- A community that promotes integrity, collegiality, cooperation, and mutual respect.