School of Accountancy - About the School of Accountancy
About the School of Accountancy
The accountancy program at the W. P. Carey School of Business has long been recognized as one of the finest in the country. The program provides students with hands-on exposure to real-world business processes and strategies.
Accounting faculty members are nationally reputed leaders in their respective fields. They have designed a technology-enriched accountancy curriculum that exposes students to accounting systems and database concepts with an emphasis on faculty supervised team projects.
Please enjoy the School's 2015-16 annual newsletter.
School of Accountancy Mission, Vision, and Shared Values
Our mission is (1) to provide students with a high quality education focusing on the discipline of accounting with an emphasis on ethics, critical thinking, communication and specific accounting knowledge skills, (2) to advance knowledge in the accounting discipline through research, and (3) to provide high-quality service to our stakeholders and the community.
Our vision is (1) to educate ethical future leaders for the accounting profession, business, and government, (2) to create knowledge for the public good and (3) to assume significant leadership and participatory responsibility to stakeholders and the community.
Our shared values include commitments to:
- A multicultural and diverse community for our students, staff and faculty.
- Current, relevant curricula for each of our programs that reflects our mission and vision.
- High quality scholarship primarily related to the field of accounting that emphasizes creating knowledge through original research.
- Positive, productive relationships with key stakeholder groups and the community.
- A community that promotes integrity, collegiality, cooperation, and mutual respect.
The accountancy program at the W. P. Carey School of business is ranked among the nation’s top public and private programs by U.S. News & World Report and Public Accounting Report.