Peer-to-peer mentoring helps international students acclimate to life in the United States, and offers domestic students a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth. W. P. Carey Mentorship Programs include an option for incoming first-year students — Connectors@WPC — which matches new business students with a peer mentor who is a sophomore, junior, or senior at the W. P. Carey School. Peer mentors offer one-on-one guidance throughout your first year at ASU, which can be particularly helpful for new international students. Learn more through the W. P. Carey Business Career Center.
ASU Global Guides are current domestic and international student leaders, who volunteer their time to help new international students transition to life at ASU. New international students can request to be matched with a Global Guide, for assistance integrating into the larger ASU community — learn more about ASU Global Guides.
International Student Success
Arizona State University has been ranked one of the top destinations for international students every year. There are many resources to help international students succeed, at the university level and through the W. P. Carey School of Business.
- International orientation and residential programming
- Informal English classes through the W. P. Carey Global Education Center
- Academic and career advising especially for international students at W. P. Carey
- Tutoring, conversation circles, and specialized English courses
- Student visa assistance and more through ASU’s International Students and Scholars Center
International Engagement & Activities
Both ASU and the W. P. Carey School host a variety of interesting and engaging activities throughout the year, to build a strong sense of community among domestic and international students:
- 1,000+ student clubs and organizations, including special international student clubs and organizations
- ASU World Festival showcasing food, crafts, and traditions from various countries
- International Career Conference organized for and by international students
- Cross-cultural learning events at W. P. Carey, including Thanksgiving, Chinese New Year, and Global Game Night
- W. P. Carey event series such as International Coffee Hour, International Alumni Panels, and the Professional Development Conference
- Mixers hosted by business clubs and organizations, and professional student associations