The W. P. Carey Leaders Academy
The W. P. Carey Leaders Academy provides exceptional business students with a smaller, high-achieving student community and strong support. Being selected for Leaders Academy means you’re a top student at one of the nation’s best business schools.
Eligible students enjoy dedicated academic advising, study space, faculty mentors, computing resources, and tons of social and leadership opportunities. This honor will highlight your college experience, and help you shape an exceptional future from day one at ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business.
As an incoming freshman, you're automatically considered for Leaders Academy eligibility based on your high school GPA and standardized test scores. The top 15 to 20 percent of the incoming class will be honored with Leaders Academy invitations. In addition, all business students admitted to Barrett, The Honors College at ASU are eligible for Leaders Academy.
If you're not selected your freshman year, you may apply to Leaders Academy if you have completed at least 25 credit hours of college coursework, maintain a grade point average of 3.25 or higher, and have at least three (3) semesters remaining in your degree program. Leaders Academy applicants should also be involved in their community and have demonstrated leadership experiences in extracurricular activities.
- A special Leaders Academy session of Camp Carey to start your college experience off right
- Leaders Academy lounge and study space in McCord Hall — our state-of-the-art learning facility for graduate business students
- Special Leaders Academy advisors with expertise in complex program combinations, located in the McCord Hall lounge
- Guaranteed university housing in a W. P. Carey residential community for Leaders Academy students
- Annual Social Capital Tour — a professional development experience offering select Leaders Academy students an opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of distinct American cities of industry
- Access to upper-division Leaders Academy students with insight into critical milestones, opportunities, and mentorship
- Innovative experiences to prepare you for specific career paths, such as Investment Banking Industry Scholars
- Exclusive academic opportunities, including the certificate in honors business consulting
- Close mentoring relationships with important faculty members across W. P. Carey departments
- Specially designed upper- and lower-division core courses
- Invitations to events sponsored by academic departments
- Additional scholarship possibilities
Customize Your Honors Experience
There’s plenty of room to customize the honors experience that’s right for you, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. For business students who decide to further advance their scholastic achievements at ASU, Leaders Academy can also serve as an excellent complement to the nationally recognized Barrett, The Honors College at ASU — a selective residential college that recruits academically outstanding undergraduates across the nation.
Leaders Academy students who enroll in Barrett can live in a special business residential community within honors student housing, and will receive all of the benefits of being a Leaders Academy student — in addition to everything Barrett has to offer. Find out more about Barrett, The Honors College at ASU.