Leaders Academy experience
Welcome, future undergraduate students! For over 30 years the W. P. Carey Leaders Academy has been a tight-knit, high-achieving community and support network for top students enrolled in the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
Who is part of Leaders Academy?
Incoming first-year students admitted to Barrett, The Honors College at ASU are guaranteed selection to the Leaders Academy. Enrollment in Barrett, however, is not a requirement. You may also be selected if you are in the top 15 to 20 percent of incoming first-year business students, based on your high school GPA and standardized test scores.
As an incoming first-year student, you're automatically considered for Leaders Academy eligibility based on your high school GPA and standardized test scores. The top 15 to 20 percent of the incoming class will be honored with Leaders Academy invitations. In addition, all business students admitted to Barrett, The Honors College at ASU are eligible for Leaders Academy.
If you're not selected your first year, you may apply to Leaders Academy if you have completed at least 25 credit hours of college coursework, maintain a grade point average of 3.25 or higher, and have at least three (3) semesters remaining in your degree program. Leaders Academy applicants should also be involved in their community and have demonstrated leadership experiences in extracurricular activities.
What are the benefits of Leaders Academy?
Eligible students enjoy dedicated academic advising, study space, faculty mentors, computing resources, and tons of social and leadership opportunities. This honor will highlight your college experience, and help you shape an exceptional future from day one at the W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU.
- Leaders Academy lounge and study space in McCord Hall — our state-of-the-art learning facility for graduate business students
- Special Leaders Academy advisors with expertise in complex program combinations, located in the McCord Hall lounge
- Annual Social Capital Tour — a professional development experience offering select Leaders Academy students an opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of distinct American cities of industry
- Access to upper-division Leaders Academy students with insight into critical milestones, opportunities, and mentorship
- Innovative experiences to prepare you for specific career paths, such as Investment Banking Industry Scholars
- Exclusive academic opportunities, including the certificate in honors business consulting
- Close mentoring relationships with important faculty members across W. P. Carey departments
- Specially designed upper- and lower-division core courses
- Invitations to events sponsored by academic departments
- Additional scholarship possibilities