Undergraduate - Facts & Figures
Facts & Figures
The W. P. Carey School of Business has attracted a large and stellar group of first-year undergraduate students for the fall 2012 semester.
The average SAT score of freshmen Bachelor of Science students is 1,167, while the average ACT score is 25.
- Total undergraduate enrollment: 8,637
- First-time freshman enrollment: 2,015
- New transfer student enrollment: 624
- Business Honors students (included in total number): 729
- 2012 undergraduate business degrees awarded: 2,129 (Fall 2011; Spring and Summer 2012)
Undergraduate Employment Placement
- Median salary: $49,287, based on the May, August and December 2010 graduating classes.
- 1,300 recruiter visits and job postings targeted W. P. Carey students over the past year.
- Over 90% of our Investment Banking Industry Scholars have achieved job placement at top banks and investment firms in the past three years.
- ASU was ranked No. 5 in the nation for recruiter preference, according to a survey in the Wall Street Journal of top corporate recruiters whose companies hired 43,000 new ASU graduates over last year.
- 62,362 undergraduate
Rankings and Reputation
The W. P. Carey School is highly ranked and internationally recognized for its leadership in business education and is highly regarded for its renowned faculty and their research productivity, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country.
- Edward C. Prescott, the W. P. Carey Chair and ASU Regents' Professor of Economics, 2004 Nobel Prize in economics
- V. Kerry Smith, ASU Regents' Professor of Economics
- Huizingh Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Awards: Altaf Ahmad, Information Systems; Adriana Samper, Marketing
- Huizingh Outstanding Undergraduate Service to Students Award: Renee Hughner, Morrison School of Agribusiness
- Teets Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award: Lonnie Ostrom, Marketing
- Teets Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award: Donald Goldman, Accountancy
- Teets Graduate Teaching Assistant Award: Mark Licandro, Accountancy
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Awards: Werner Bonadurer, Finance; Uday Kulkarni, Information Systems; Douglas Olsen, Marketing
- Outstanding Professor of Doctoral Programs Award: Raghu Santanam, Information Systems
- Faculty Research Award: Thomas Choi, Supply Chain Management
- Hall of Fame Inductees: Elmer Gooding, Economics; Joseph Schultz, Accountancy; James Ward, Marketing
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- W. P. Carey School of Business, accredited 1962
- W. P. Carey MBA, accredited 1964
- School of Accountancy, accredited 1987