>> Our guiding principles
W. P. Carey core tenets
Our strategic plan aligns within and across the core tenets of the W. P. Carey School of Business:
- Providing access to business education is foundational
- We embrace modern technology in our curriculum and operations
- We actively recruit, retain, and develop top talent
- We seek excellence by pushing the frontier in our research and requiring world-class relevance and rigor in our classes
- Entrepreneurship and innovation are key to our curriculum but also to how we deliver it
- We are global in what we teach and where we operate
- Values, ESG, and DEI are at the heart to what we do
- We collaborate across disciplines
- We actively engage with industries and communities
- We do all of that while keeping a "business is personal" mindset
ESG and DEI
In accordance with accreditation standards set by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the W. P. Carey School believes business and business education are powerful forces for good. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria are important considerations that businesses of all kinds use to measure their impact. We aim to reinforce environmental sustainability, social justice, and ethical governance in our curriculum and in everyday practice. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion unequivocally supports Black lives, Native communities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and others who live at the intersections.
Introduced in Fall 2019, the Carey Code celebrates the visionary leaders who built this school from the ground up. It recognizes alumni achievements, lifelong learning, career advancement, and future-forward thinking. It is a testament to the hallmark traditions, principles, and values this community has always emulated.
The Carey Code
I am a W. P. Carey Sun Devil:
- I contribute to our legacy and live our values of excellence, integrity, impact, and community
- I demonstrate that business is personal by treating others with respect and kindness
- I advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion to create stronger organizations and societies
- I embrace and exhibit ethical business practices and lead others by example
- I champion fellow Sun Devils and volunteer when and what I can to promote their success
And, together, we will spark positive change in the world, by doing good while doing well.
Share your feedback or suggestions
Your input on our strategic planning process is vitally important. Complete the form below to let us know your thoughts on any of the strategic planning initiatives and functional area charges. Anonymous feedback is also welcome. Thank you for your feedback or suggestions and for taking part in the W. P. Carey strategic planning process.