Department of Marketing - Internships
Marketing Internship Program (MKT 484)
Students have the opportunity to receive upper division credit for paid or unpaid marketing internships. Students should visit Sun Devil Career Link for internship opportunities as new positions are being added daily.
MKT 484 Requirements for Students
- The internship must be in a marketing-related field. We do not offer internship credit for non-marketing related internships.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have completed MKT 300, 302 or 303 with a B or better.
- Students need to complete a minimum of 120 hours.
- Students must satisfactorily complete their internship and submit a final paper in order to receive 3-credit upper division credits. MKT 484 is an upper division marketing elective.
- Students must complete the Marketing Internship Application Packet (copies are available to pick up in the Marketing Front Office BAC 460) and meet with the Marketing Department Internship Coordinator to discuss the internship prior to starting the internship: Detra Montoya at Detra.Montoya@asu.edu
You can post your marketing internship opportunity on the Sun Devil Career Link (both paid and unpaid internships). You can also search the site for examples of job descriptions and scan available student resumes. Information on how to post your internship is provided below.
- Sun Devil Career Link (SDCL), the university-wide job listing service administered by the ASU Career Services Department, is available at no fee. To post your job or internship onto Sun Devil Career Link, visit http://www.asu.edu/studentaffairs/career/Employers/postjobs.htm . If you have additional questions regarding SDCL or on campus interviewing, please see http://students.asu.edu/career/employers or contact Korrie Gernert at Korrie@asu.edu.
- Students can earn upper division marketing course credit (MKT 484) for their internship. Please include the following statement in your job posting:
“This internship may be eligible for marketing course credit (MKT 484). Please visit Marketing Internships for more information on how you can earn 3 upper division marketing elective credits.”
- Important information for employers regarding Internships: Employers seeking student interns should be able to provide the student guidance and mentorship in the chosen field. For example, the intern’s supervisor should have marketing experience to adequately mentor a marketing intern. Otherwise, you may consider hiring a recent graduate. In addition, please note that if you are a for-profit employer interested in employing an intern, you are required to comply with the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which governs minimum wage requirements in for-profit organizations. For more important information regarding requirements for posting internships please refer to ASU career services website: https://eoss.asu.edu/cs/Employers/intershipInfoEmp