Fleischer Scholars is a high school summer program that provides sophomores and juniors from Arizona high schools a great opportunity to earn college credit, receive a laptop, dive into entrepreneurship, and discover potential career paths.
Transform your life at ASU
Students selected for the Fleischer Scholars summer program benefit from a multitude of resources, and they learn necessary skills for success in college and beyond.
- Receive a free laptop
- Obtain free college course credit
- Learn the keys to academic and professional success
- Discover academic and career opportunities
- Interact with current W. P. Carey students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Find out more about university admission and available financial assistance options
- Arizona high school student graduating in 2023 or 2024
- Involvement in the school and/or community
- First generation student
- 3.0 GPA
- Low income household
- Underrepresented youth
- Teacher or professional recommendation
The program will take place virtually in June and July 2022 with an in-person orientation. The program will take place for four weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students will be enrolling in an online course during eight weeks of the summer.
Fleischer Scholars application requirements
1. Online application
The 2022 Fleischer Scholars program application requires the following:
- General information, including student, parent/guardian, high school
- Academic information, including a list of all business courses taken in high school
- Involvement information, including clubs, organizations, community service, and work experience
- Two short answer questions (maximum 300 words each):
- What do you hope to learn and/or accomplish as a participant in the Fleischer Scholars program?
- What is motivating you to pursue education at a collegiate level?
*The application cannot be saved while in progress, so please ensure that you have everything prepared before beginning the application.
2. Supplemental materials (optional)
- One letter of recommendation from an academic or professional completed through the online recommendation form
3. Book assignment
- Each applicant will receive a copy of the book, Mental Balance Sheet, by Morton Fleischer, and will be required to complete an assignment based on the book before receiving a final decision on program admission.
|Jan. 15, 2022||Early consideration|
|Feb. 15, 2022||Final consideration|
|March 15, 2022||Late consideration|
|May 1, 2022||Extended deadline|
Note: Once a complete online application is received, applicants will be provided a copy of the book assignment to complete, in order to be considered for admission to the 2022 Fleischer Scholars program.
The Fleischer Scholars Program is full.
The program is completely free for accepted student participants.
For any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com, or call our office at 480-965-5187.