Business Strategy and Public Policy
One of the signature experiences of the W. P. Carey Executive MBA, Business Strategy and Public Policy takes you to the Arizona capitol and Washington, D.C. to see the interaction of business and public policy in action on both the state and federal levels. Participate in an Arizona legislative process, then observe first-hand how the federal government interacts with business policy in the nation’s capital.
This strategy course not only reveals a side of business never seen in a classroom but also helps you understand how public policies can create opportunities or challenges for organizations.
- Experience the structure and operations of the various branches of government
- Discover how to monitor and anticipate key public policy decisions
- Participate in a policy simulation to balance the state budget
- Interact with legislators, lobbyists, and other key players in the public policy process
Travel abroad and see how business gets done around the world. The International Practicum provides critical insights into the ever-changing global economy. Study international management concepts in the classroom then put them into practice during a class trip overseas. Past visits have included sites in Europe, South America, and Southeast Asia.
- Visit local businesses and industries
- Discuss live case examples with local business leaders, government officials, and industry experts
- Engage in case discussions and classroom experiences with local professors
mba › experience
Lt. Rob Coslick
"As a direct result of my time at W. P. Carey, I’ve gained new expertise and tactical skills, and have discovered ways that the strengths I’ve developed in the Navy translate to business principles. This will improve my leadership style and provide tools as I move forward in the military.”