In the Classroom
Your learning unfolds in the state-of-the-art McCord Hall, which features innovative team rooms as well as student lounges where you take a break. Classes for the W. P. Carey Executive MBA program are held two weekends per month, Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. In addition to the class time every two weeks, you should expect to spend at least 15 to 20 hours outside of class for study and preparation.
Although you are in the classroom only four days a month, your EMBA experience transcends lectures and class discussions. From conference calls with team members to in-depth study sessions with faculty to development opportunities beyond the classroom, the EMBA is designed to change the way you think and lead at work.
Outside the Classroom
Leverage the power of W. P Carey by taking advantage of extensive opportunities beyond the classroom. Expand your professional network through Economic Club of Phoenix events, sponsored tailgates, and networking mixers with alumni. Improve your soft skills through Lunch and Learn sessions with our executive and career coaches. Develop life-long friendships through organized social events such as EMBA Family Fun Day and the W. P Carey golf tournament.
Gain insights from senior executives through exclusive guest speaker sessions. Past speakers and sessions have included:
- Bob Moran, CEO of PetSmart
- Rick Hamada, CEO of Avnet
- Arizona Governor Jan Brewer
- Site visit to Amazon fulfillment center
- Site visit to the national Press Club, Washington D.C.
- Executive coach development session: How to get onto a corporate board
- Executive coach development session: Managing virtual teams
- Career coach development session: Leveraging LinkedIn
- Career coach development session: Strategic networking
Focus on your studies while we focus on the details. The W. P. Carey Executive MBA program is committed to making your transition back to the classroom as seamless as possible. In fact, your dedicated student services team is on-site during class to assist with any questions.
We will work with you to provide the resources you need to be successful throughout the Executive MBA program, including:
- Course registration
- Textbook delivery
- Supplemental course materials
- Billing and deadline reminders
- Parking arrangements