Master of Science in Information Management - Application Materials

Application Materials

Take the next step — a Master of Science in Information Management (MSIM) degree from the W. P. Carey School will transform your career and your life. Find out what you’ll need to apply and how to get started today.


The W. P. Carey MSIM online application should take about 30 minutes to complete once you collect the admissions materials, including your resume, personal references, and essay questions.

Minimum Requirements

  • Two years of full-time related work experience
  • An undergraduate degree in a related field from an accredited university
  • Completed prerequisite college-level courses or equivalent experience in statistics, brief calculus, and a programming language


Mail all official university transcripts to the ASU Office of Graduate Education, or request that your original institution submit them directly. A Document Reference Number can be included on each transcript for authentication purposes.

Online Letters of Recommendation

Select two individuals who can speak to your personal qualities, career focus, and potential for success in the W. P. Carey MSIM program. The university will contact your recommenders directly to secure additional information.

Application Fee

  • Domestic Application Fee: $70
  • International Application Fee: $90

A $50 fee will be required after July 1. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received and fees are non-refundable.

International Students

The application process for international students is the same as for domestic students, with the exception of submitting proof of English proficiency (for students whose native language is not English). After admission, you will also be also required to obtain a U.S. visa, which includes submitting a graduate financial guarantee.

All international transcripts must be submitted in their original language accompanied by an official English translation. Translations must be literal, complete versions of the originals and must be translated by a university, government official or official translation service. You may not complete your own translation. Photocopies and notarized transcripts are not acceptable.

For Your Reference