Business Scholars Institute Program
Business Scholars Institute
The Business Scholars Institute (BSI) is a selective, one-week residential summer program for high-achieving students who are currently juniors in high school, will be graduating in 2017, and are interested in pursuing business education and career opportunities.
BSI provides exposure to business careers, access to top business faculty, connections to collegiate honors programs, and information on postgraduate education. You will be surrounded by ambitious peers, experience challenging business projects, and begin building a network for your future.
Check out pictures from Business Scholars Institute.
The BSI program will take place on ASU’s Tempe campus from June 27 to July 1, 2016.
Current high school juniors (from any state), who would be participating in the program the summer before their senior year. Applicants must have a current unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.50 or higher.
Apply early and give yourself the best change to join the Business Scholars Institute! A complete application submitted by the dates below will ensure your application is given full consideration. A complete application includes a submitted online application, two (2) letters of recommendation, and high school transcripts.
|February 15, 2016||Early Decision|
|March 21, 2016||Priority consideration|
|April 25, 2016||Final deadline|
Space to the Business Scholars Institute is limited! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all seats are filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to ensure program availability. Submit your application today!
The 2016 Business Scholars Institute application requires the following:
- General information, including student, parent/guardian, high school
- Academic information, including a list of all business courses taken in high school
- Involvement information, including clubs, organizations, community service, and work experience
- A video (between 2 – 3 min.) telling us about yourself and why you would benefit from participating in the BSI program. Please have this completed before starting the application. There will be a spot to upload the video in the application.
- One short essay response (maximum 300 words): Reflecting on at least one example from your own leadership experience, how do you define leadership?
*Please ensure that you have everything prepared before beginning the application, including the video, as the application must be completed in one sitting and cannot be returned to.
Supplemental MaterialsThe 2016 Business Scholars Institute application requires the following supplemental materials that must be submitted by appropriate sources:
- Official high school transcript sent electronically from the high school
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic/professional relationships sent electronically from the recommenders
All supplemental materials should be emailed via PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $750 program fee for the Business Scholars Institute. This fee will be used for program materials, meals, room for the week and travel within the week. Students are responsible for their travel expenses to arrive at campus at the beginning of the week and departure from campus at the end of the week.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call our office at 480-965-5187.