Undergraduate - Admission Portfolio
If you do not meet the requirements for direct admission into the W. P. Carey School of Business B.S. or B.A. degree programs, you may submit an admission portfolio. Your portfolio will be reviewed by the department that you have specified on your application - please note that this is a competitive admissions process and admission is not guaranteed. You must be admitted to ASU prior to submitting the portfolio. Preference will be given to students with at least a 3.0 cumulative ASU GPA and/or transfer GPA.
A complete portfolio includes the following:
- Official or Unofficial transcripts of all coursework not yet on file with ASU. If you are currently enrolled in coursework away from ASU, please submit a copy of your class schedule. Transcripts must be dropped off by 5pm on the portfolio submission deadline (see below for deadlines). You may submit transcripts to either our West (FAB N101), Poly (SANTAN 230) or Tempe (BA 160) offices.
Submit to the attention of “Portfolio” in person or by mail to:
W. P. Carey School of Business
PO BOX 873406
Tempe, AZ 85287-3406
- No academic integrity violations on file
Completion of at least thirty semester hours of college coursework including the following skill courses or their equivalents. All courses must be completed with a C grade or higher to be considered.
- CIS 105/236 (or equivalent) - Computer Applications and Information Technology
- MAT 210/270 (or equivalent) - Brief Calculus/Calculus with Analytic Geometry
- MAT 211/271 (or equivalent) - Math for Business Analysis/Calculus with Analytic Geometry II;
- ECN 211/213 (or equivalent) - Macroeconomic Principles;
- ECN 212/214 (or equivalent) - Microeconomic Principles;
- ACC 231/232/261 (or equivalent) - Uses of Accounting Information I/Financial Accounting I
In addition, students should have completed OR be enrolled in the following courses or their equivalents:
- ECN 221/231 (or equivalent) - Business Statistics
- ACC 241/242/271 (or equivalent) - Uses of Accounting Information II/Managerial Accounting I
NOTE: If you have not completed all of the above skill courses (or approved alternates), your admission portfolio will be VOIDED . However, you will be able to submit a portfolio with ECN 211 or 212 (only one), ECN 221, and ACC 241 (or ACC 242) in progress. Please speak with an academic advisor if you are unsure about completing these requirements.
Students are only allowed a
maximum of two (2) application attempts
(via Admission Portfolio, Concurrent Degree Application, or Dual Concentration Application)
Portfolio submission deadlines:
For Spring 2016 admission, students will have the opportunity to submit a portfolio beginning August 17, 2015. Portfolios can be completed online by midnight, however any physical paperwork needs to be submitted to the office no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, August 28, 2015..