Corporations and Recruiters - Student Solutions
Tap into the talent and knowledge of W. P. Carey students, who work on identifying, researching, proposing and/or implementing solutions for real business problems faced by client organizations. Offered as part of graded coursework, Student Solutions projects are completed under the guidance of a faculty member, and are sponsored by organizations that have a clearly defined business challenge and a vested interest in the outcome.
A Student Solution is a mutually beneficial engagement. Working on real-world business problems is a critical component of student learning. It gives students an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn in the classroom, and the hands-on experience they receive is invaluable in helping them prepare for their future careers.
Client organizations sponsoring student projects can also benefit in many ways, such as:
- Significant cost savings compared to traditional consulting services
- Fresh ideas, new perspectives and creative approaches from the next generation of leaders
- Data-driven and analytically rigorous solutions with insight from distinguished faculty members
- Increased visibility as a potential employer and a direct pipeline of talented professionals for recruiting
W. P. Carey students complete more than 100 consulting projects every year, applying their skills in finance, business strategy, marketing, information systems and supply chain management to help client organizations with specific business challenges.
Examples of previous Student Solutions projects include:
- Business Model/Plan Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Competitive Analysis
- Customer Research
- Extended Warranty Evaluation
- Financial Supplier Health Analysis
- Market Structure Analysis
- New Business Feasibility Evaluation
- Systems Design and Analysis
- Technology Strategy Development
- Utilities Hedging Strategy
- Web/Mobile App Development
We partner with a wide range of institutions from fledgling start-ups to small and medium businesses to non-profit organizations to Fortune 500 corporations.
|Large Corporations||Middle Market Companies||Non-Profit Organizations||Emerging Companies|
|FedEx||Dircks Moving & Logistics||Parenting Arizona||Complete Print Shop|
|Dell||Molina Fine Jewelers||SCAD Research||Daphne’s Headcovers|
|Intel||Automatik||Accept the Challenge||Fortis Networks|
|Republic Services||American Traffic Solutions||Motivation to Graduation||Green Ideas|
|Abbot Diagnostics||PADT (Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies)||National Industries for the Blind||Community Tire Pros & Auto Repair|
Any business or non-profit may apply for a Student Solutions project. Because demand for student projects generally exceeds capacity, projects chosen for Student Solutions are typically those that are:
- Important to the senior management of the organization
- Consultative in nature, requiring significant thought, research and analysis
- Challenging for students but do not require extensive industry or domain expertise
- Scoped in a way that is not too restrictive yet can be reasonably completed in a semester
- Interesting and appealing to the students who are best equipped to tackle these projects
In addition, companies selected must:
- Commit two senior representatives to be available to work with the team throughout the project duration. One of these representatives will be the primary contact for the project and will work with the team to create the project scope, provide pertinent data, participate in project meetings, evaluate progress and provide feedback upon project completion.
- Provide industry and market data that will aid the team in completing the project. This includes data such as customer information, competitor information, industry reports and/or internal research reports.
- Cover any expenses related directly to the project such as client-requested travel, third party research reports, etc.
There is no direct fee associated with a Student Solutions project. If however, upon completion, you believe that you realized significant value from the project, we request that such value be recognized by a tax-deductible contribution to the school. Your contribution will further the educational and professional goals of our students and help ensure that W. P. Carey remains one of the top business schools in the world.
Put the knowledge and dedication of W. P. Carey students to work for your organization — contact us to apply for a Student Solutions project today: