Corporations and Recruiters - Student Solutions
Are you struggling with a business challenge but lack the resources to do it in-house? Looking for consulting help but not ready to hire a consulting firm? Need to infuse your existing project with insights, rigor and business discipline that are the hallmark of W. P. Carey programs? Then apply for a Student Solutions project.
Tap into the talent and knowledge of W. P. Carey students, who work on identifying, researching, proposing and/or implementing solutions for real business problems faced by client organizations. Offered as part of graded coursework, Student Solutions projects are completed under the guidance of a faculty member, and are sponsored by organizations that have a clearly defined business challenge and a vested interest in the outcome.
A Student Solution is a mutually beneficial engagement. Working on real-world business problems is a critical component of student learning. It gives students an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn in the classroom, and the hands-on experience they receive is invaluable in helping them prepare for their future careers.
Client organizations sponsoring student projects can also benefit in many ways, such as:
- Significant cost savings compared to traditional consulting services
- Fresh ideas, new perspectives and creative approaches from the next generation of leaders
- Data-driven and analytically rigorous solutions with insight from distinguished faculty members
- Increased visibility as a potential employer and a direct pipeline of talented professionals for recruiting
Our Projects and Clients
W. P. Carey students complete more than 100 consulting projects every year, applying their skills in finance, business strategy, marketing, information systems and supply chain management skills to help client organizations with specific business challenges.
Examples of previous Student Solutions projects include:
We partner with a wide range of institutions from fledgling start-ups to small and medium businesses to non-profit organizations to Fortune 500 corporations.
|Large Corporations||Middle Market Companies||Non-Profit Organizations||Emerging Companies|
|FedEx||Dircks Moving & Logistics||Parenting Arizona||Complete Print Shop|
|Dell||Molina Fine Jewelers||SCAD Research||Daphne’s Headcovers|
|Intel||Automatik||Accept the Challenge||Fortis Networks|
|Republic Services||American Traffic Solutions||Motivation to Graduation||Green Ideas|
|Abbot Diagnostics||PADT (Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies)||National Industries for the Blind||Community Tire Pros & Auto Repair|
Apply for a Student Solutions Project
Any business or non-profit may apply for a Student Solutions project. Because demand for student projects generally exceeds capacity, projects chosen for Student Solutions are typically those that are:
- Important to the senior management of the organization
- Consultative in nature, requiring significant thought, research and analysis
- Challenging for students but do not require extensive industry or domain expertise
- Scoped in a way that is not too restrictive yet can be reasonably completed in a semester
- Interesting and appealing to the students who are best equipped to tackle these projects
In addition, companies selected must:
- Commit two senior representatives to be available to work with the team throughout the project duration. One of these representatives will be the primary contact for the project and will work with the team to create the project scope, provide pertinent data, participate in project meetings, evaluate progress and provide feedback upon project completion.
- Provide industry and market data that will aid the team in completing the project. This includes data such as customer information, competitor information, industry reports and/or internal research reports.
- Cover any expenses related directly to the project such as client-requested travel, third party research reports, etc.
Put the knowledge and dedication of W. P. Carey students to work for your organization: Apply for a Student Solutions project today.