Executive Education - Adaptive Leadership: Achieving Success in Change
Adaptive Leadership: Achieving Success in Change
One of the most important traits of an effective leader is the ability to identify and act upon changing circumstances. A truly adaptive leader not only understands when their behaviors and approaches to leadership need to change, but also how best to augment those behaviors and approaches for maximal performance improvements across the organization.
This half-day workshop will explore common, critical transitions that require adaptive leadership, in addition to recommended approaches and behaviors you can immediately employ at work. You’ll learn to continually assess and adapt your leadership behaviors to align with changing situations and complex environments, gaining the skills you need to be at the top of your game — no matter the circumstances.
Discover how to:
- Assess situations that require you to adapt as a leader
- Prevent former strengths from turning into weaknesses
- Identify new leadership behaviors to enable sustained success
- Ask new questions, reassess priorities, and reorganize time to ensure success as a leader
- Enact adaptive leadership behaviors and overcome personal resistance to change
Dr. Joan F. Brett is an associate professor in the Department of Management at ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business. Since earning her PhD at New York University in 1992, Dr. Brett has taught management, leadership, and teams to students and professionals in executive, graduate, and undergraduate programs. Her research on motivation and performance issues has been published in top-tier academic and practitioner journals, and discussed in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Harvard Business Review.
Dr. Brett has advised leaders at all levels of management, across small businesses and large Fortune 500 companies. As a thought partner with executives, she helps them explore ways to embrace organizational transitions, overcome resistance to change, and develop adaptive leadership skills.
Registration Procedures and Deadlines
Registration and payment is due by September 17, 2014.
Cancellation requests are handled based on the date they are received, in relation to the date of the workshop.
- A cancellation request received at least one week prior to the program will be refunded in full minus a 10% cancellation fee.
- A cancellation request received less than one week prior to the start of the program will have the option to apply registration to a 2015 course.
- A cancellation request received on or after the day of the program will not be eligible for a refund.
Time: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Location: ASU’s Tempe Campus
Price: $550 ($495 for ASU alumni)
Registration Deadline: September 17, 2014