Executive Education - Strategic Procurement
Through real-world case studies, this course will prepare you to facilitate the continuous improvement of the purchasing management system in which we work and companies operate.
After completing this course, you will receive 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which can be applied toward the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) CPSM recertification, C.P.M. recertification and/or A.P.P. reaccreditation program requirements.
Note: ISM does not endorse, certify or sponsor this program or its content.
- Strategic procurement and supply management
- Global supplier selection
- The item/service in-sourcing/outsourcing decision
- Sourcing strategy development
- Linking decisions through e-procurement systems
By participating in Strategic Procurement, you should be able to:
- Build a base in strategic procurement—category strategy development, economic analysis and total cost of ownership
- Describe the primary goals in the strategic procurement process
- Compare and contrast direct and indirect material procurement via a case study
- Discuss the powerful cross-functional impact of strategic procurement
- Assess the profit impact of successful strategic procurement