In 2004, the W. P. Carey Executive MBA in Shanghai created a custom Executive Education Program for China Unicom with goals to:
- Improve the ability to manage resources, measure performance and create shareholder values.
- Learn the language and techniques of financial management in a global environment.
- Equip managers with the strategic and managerial concepts they need to understand, manage and predict the financial implications of their managerial decisions.
From 2007 to 2011, the W. P. Carey Executive MBA in Shanghai created and delivered a custom Executive Education Program for China Merchants Securities. "Service Management" was the theme of the program, and it was designed to teach managers to:
- Develop a clear understanding of current and potential customers for the long-term value, and target marketing activities to develop, maintain and enhance harmonious relations between the company and its customers, thereby increasing revenue, profits and shareholder value.
- Develop financial services products to meet customer demand and attract, retain and build strong customer relationships.
- Understand the basic framework of a performance management system designed to provide a cohesive and comprehensive assessment of the incentive approach to governance.
- Address current world financial issues with a focus on foreign investment financial skills and the organic integration of the domestic market with Chinese characteristics.
- Better understand the American enterprise structure and culture through on-site visits by U.S. companies and interactive Q&A sessions with their management.