School of Accountancy - Master’s Internships
Accountancy students interested in the Master of Accountancy (MACC) or Master of Taxation (MTAX) program may earn academic credit for a full-time internship (ACC 484) in the spring semester of their senior year. To qualify for the internship, the following criteria must be met:
- ASU accountancy major—all ACC courses taken at ASU
- 3.5 major GPA (upper division ACC courses)
- 3.5 cumulative GPA
- ACC 340, 350, 430, 440, 450 must be completed at the end of the fall semester prior to the internship
Students interested in obtaining a Master’s Internship will interview on campus for specific internship positions in October, during the School of Accountancy Interview Week. Upon meeting the above requirements and obtaining an offer from the employer, students may register for ACC 484, “Accountancy Internship”, for 6 credit hours (departmental consent is required).
Master’s Internships are full-time (40+ hrs/week), PAID internships and begin in early January and end in late February/early March (Session A). The majority of internship positions will be with the public accounting firms. Students who’ve acquired a Master’s Internship are eligible for the following benefits:
- Early acceptance to the MACC or MTAX program (subject to maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Early consideration for School of Accountancy scholarships
- Students interested in a Master’s Internship will follow the Internship Track noted on the Accountancy Major Map.