The W.P. Carey School of Business seeks out accomplished ASU alumni in the field of investment banking to serve as Industry Advisors to the IBIS program.
Industry Advisors Can Provide
- Real-world advice on the current events in the investment banking industry
- A personal success story and lessons learned from one’s own career path
- Feedback on resumes, interviewing skills, and job search strategies
- Encourage self-confidence
- Provide insight on professional development activities/events
- Impart ethical and professional standards
Industry Advisor Commitment
1) Ability to schedule at least one (1) meeting in person or by telephone about 30 minutes in length during the program period (August through October).
2) Willingness to communicate with at least one (1) IBIS program participant in person, by phone or e-mail during the academic year.
3) Completion of an evaluation at the conclusion of the six-week program.
Participation in the Annual “Careers in Investment Banking” Event
Some industry advisors may be asked to participate on the panel for the “Careers in Investment Banking” event. The panel will be made up of at least 3 (three) panelists who will discuss with students:
- How they landed a career in investment banking
- What part of the industry they focus on
- Why they have chosen their current employer
- Insight on Investment Banking as a career choice
If you are an alumnus of Arizona State University, and you wish to become an Industry Advisor for the IBIS Program, please contact us at: (480) 965-4154 or by e-mail: email@example.com .