Undergraduate - Awards & Recognition
Awards & Recognition
Several faculty members at the W. P. Carey School of Business have recently been honored for their teaching excellence.
The John W. Teets Outstanding Teaching Award
Established in 1999, the John W. Teets Outstanding Teaching Award recognizes instructors and graduate assistants chosen by their students as elite members of the academic community.
Beginning in 2013, the award for each undergraduate and graduate teaching honor is $5,500; the award for each graduate teaching assistant is $2,250.
2013 John W. Teets Outstanding Teaching Award Winners
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award: Melissa Martin, School of Accountancy
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award: Ilona Babenko, Finance
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award: Tyler Glavan, School of Accountancy
Outstanding Professor Award, Doctoral Programs
- Naomi Mandel, State Farm Professor of Marketing
Faculty Research Award
- Andrea Morales, Associate Professor of Marketing
Huizingh Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teachers
- Eddie Davila, Supply Chain Management
- Jordan Lowe, Accounting
Huizingh Award for Undergraduate Service to Students
- John Eaton, Marketing
Outstanding Teaching Award – MBA and Master’s Programs
- Suzanne Peterson, Assistant Professor of Management
- Raghu Santanam, Professor of Information Systems
- James Ward, Professor of Marketing and Yellow Corporation Professor of Services Marketing and Management
Faculty Service Award
Dennis Hoffman, Professor of Economics and Director of L. William Seidman Research Institute
Faculty Hall of Fame
The Faculty Hall of Fame was established in 1977 to recognize retired and semi-retired faculty members who have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of business education and the W. P. Carey School.
- James Boatsman, Professor Emeritus of Accountancy
- Stephen Brown, Professor Emeritus of Marketing and Edward M. Carson Chair in Services Marketing
- Charles Christian, Professor Emeritus of Accountancy
- Donald Jackson, Jr., Professor Emeritus of Marketing