Attach to Printers
Graduate students can connect to and utilize specific W. P. Carey network printers. Before you attempt to connect for the first time, it is necessary to change your ASU password. This will sync your password across the various ASU controller systems. You can change your password at ASU Change Password
You must be on an ASU network to connect to any of the Graduate Printers. Firewall software may restrict connection to the print server and may need an exception added.
- Click the Start button at lower left corner of Desktop, then select Run... (right side of dual menu) If Run is not visible on your program list, type RUN in the Program List Search box and this should return the Run Dialog option.
- Enter the following command line:
\\print.wpcarey.ad.asu.edu for 32bit or 64bit Windows OS
...then click its OK button
- In the new dialog box (shown below), type the following into User name field:
...followed by your ASURITE ID
- Type your password into the Password field
- Click the checkbox to Remember my password
- Finally, click the OK button
- Upon successful connection to the print server, a new dialog will appear displaying a full list of network printers (see below):Right-click on the printer you wish to connect to and click Connect... in its popup menu
- If you encounter a warning window, simply click its Yes button to continue. Otherwise, proceed as usual...
Default Printer Setup
- Click the Start button the at lower left corner of Desktop, then roll to and click Printers and Faxes (right side of dual menu) to access your printer settings
- In the new window, right-click on the printer you wish to set as the default (eg: BA199A-01 – printer in the Executive MBA classroom)
- Click Set as Default Printer in its popup menu
- You should see a small checkmark appear on this printer icon, indicating that it is now the default printer for your machine: