MBA Loaner Program
Students in the MBA Full-Time mandatory laptop program are entitled to loaner equipment under certain conditions. This equipment may be laptops, power cords, optical drives, floppies, or other equipment. Equipment may be loaned out under the following situations:
- While authorized off-campus service is being performed
- While replacement equipment is being shipped from IBM
- While extensive troubleshooting is being performed on your laptop
Situations where equipment is NOT loaned out:
- Cosmetic repairs - these will be facilitated onsite by an IBM-authorized service representative
- Forgot laptop at home / "I need a laptop for my presentation"
- Stolen, lost or damaged equipment not covered by warranty or insurance
The W. P. Carey School of Business is NOT responsible for any student data.
Loaner machines will likely not be the same model as the client's machine. In all likelihood, the machine will have a slower CPU, less RAM and a small hard drive. The computer accessories may or may not work with the loaner.
For all service related issues, the student is 100% responsible for their data. This means all data must be backed up before the students laptop is turned in for service and the student will transfer their data to/from the loaner computer.
Optical drives, power cords, network cables and floppy drives will be loaned to Graduate Business Students for a maximum period of eight hours.
Loaner equipment for lost, stolen or damaged equipment that is not covered by warranty can be signed out until the new replacement equipment arrives only with proof of purchase (or order) of the new equipment.