(Effective: December 19, 2006)
Faculty, Staff and Students:
All currently registered WPC students, staff, and faculty are eligible for the following support:
- Requests for information.
- Technical incident reporting, diagnostics, and solution.
- Technical Requests
- Password assistance; resets/lockouts for faculty, staff and students for all university accounts. (BIT is unable or restricted from actually changing any university account parameters)
In addition, registered WPC students are also eligible for the following support:
- Print support within the WPC classroom and lab facilities.
- Software for approved academic courses.
- CITRIX connectivity support for all pre-approved course numbers (SLN).
Faculty and Staff:
Faculty and staff are eligible for the following support for computers in the labs and lecture classrooms:
- Instructor Hotline (emergency classroom computer support)
- Requests for software installs
- Remote software assistance, i.e. software patch updates, approved licensed software installs, basic application support and OS configuration changes. This requires the WPC Altiris client to be installed on the end-user system.
Faculty and staff are eligible for the following support for computers in their offices:
- Remote software assistance, i.e. software patch updates, approved licensed software installs, basic application support and OS configuration changes.
- Full product assistance for Full Support products and limited product assistance for Limited Support products (See Support Details)
- CITRIX remote connectivity support issues.
- Requests for cabling/network drops. (Liaison with UTO Datacomm group)
- Requests for new hardware set-up and configuration.
- Requests for equipment moves (assistance with disconnect and reconnect only)
- Requests for hardware service
- Request for software
- Computer re-images, if other troubleshooting methods fail
- Software installs (Full Support and Limited Support products only)
Tenants and other non-WPC groups (e.g. Student Association, SDG and Student Unions):
- Support will be provided as outlined in your Service Level Agreement.
- Training – contact ASU’s Organizational and People Development (Local contact is 5-8333)
- Support for computers not owned (or leased) by WPC
- Unsupported products (See Support Details)
- Personal home computing support
- Support for non-WPC activities (e.g., games, personal business, etc.)