CABIT's mission is to serve as a self-sustaining catalyst for a research and education partnership for collaboration, innovation, incubation, and technology transfer of knowledge-management, knowledge-discovery and software service innovations in the emerging E-business environment.
Current projects CABIT is involved in include
As an outgrowth of the Center's ongoing research efforts, CABIT faculty have taken leadership roles in academic endeavors including:
- Developing a strategy for providing value through membership collaboration with the American Accounting Association,
- Working with the Electronics Industry Data Exchange to develop a framework for an industry-wide Perfect Order methodology, and
- Designing and developing the ability to integrated simulation models and produce a 3-d representation of supply chain operations for a major CABIT partner.
CABIT has also performed extensive research on Knowledge Management (KM) in the following areas:
- Editorial positions in leading information systems journals
- Rob Kauffaman is the co-editor of Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, and is an Associate Editor of Management Science, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Journal of Management Information Systems, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Information Technology and Management, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Electronic Markets, and Information Systems Frontiers
- Raghu Santanam is an Associate Editor for Information Systems Research, JAIS, Decision Support Systems, and Journal of E-Commerce Research.
- Editing special issues for leading journals
- Haluk Demirkan is currently co-editing double special issues: "Information Systems in Services" for Journal of Management Information Systems and "Service Science in E-Commerce" for International Journal of Electronic Commerce, (click here for the call for papers).
- Julie Smith David is a special issue of the Electronic Commerce Research and Applications journal on Web 2.0 (click here for the call for papers)
- Raghu Santanam guest edited a special issue of Decision Support Systems on "Cyberinfrastructure for Homeland Security: Advances in Information Sharing, Data Mining, and Collaboration Systems."
- Invited speaker opportunities
- Paul Steinbart will be the keynote speaker for the European Conference on Accounting Information Systems in April 2008.