Center for Services Leadership - About the Center
About the Center
It's the best of both worlds. For business leaders, academics and students who need to know how to use services as a source of competitive advantage in business, the Center for Services Leadership is the place to turn. Respected throughout the world as a definitive source of service knowledge, the Center for Services Leadership was created in 1985 to respond to the unique and emerging challenges facing companies in this arena. With one foot firmly anchored in sound academic thinking and the other in business world practicality, the Center combines the latest advances from the academic world with the best of business strategies.
Below are some resources for you to obtain more in-depth information on the Center for Services Leadership.
- The Center for Services Leadership "Fact Sheet"
- Ahead of Its Time: Services Program Plays Critical Role in Business Community
- Feature Article - "Companies Discover Profit Opportunity in Services"
About the Center's Directors (Including Bios and Photos)
- Dr. Mary Jo Bitner, Professor of Marketing and Executive Director
- Alicia Holder, Director, Business Partnerships
- Media Contact - Interviews, materials and information (including logos and photos) related to the Center for Services Leadership.