The flexibility of the online program requires that your personal computing environment meets the hardware and software requirements listed below.
Students who may want to access course content from a computing system provided by their employer should be aware that many corporations have strict firewall and Internet security protocols in place. In addition, corporate policies sometimes prevent users from installing non-approved software that may be needed to access course content.
Please understand that such corporate security issues are an individual student's responsibility and should be resolved directly by the student with his or her corporate information technology support staff. The W. P. Carey School of Business does not have jurisdiction over corporate information technology infrastructure and policies.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 512MB of RAM (Windows XP); 2GB of RAM recommended (Windows Vista/7)
- High-speed Internet access (DSL, cable recommended)
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- CD-ROM drive
- Sound card and speakers
- Microphone or webcam recommended for optional audio/videoconferencing
Minimum Software Requirements
- Windows XP/Vista/7, or Mac OS X**
- Microsoft Office 2003 with SP2 or 2007, English language version (available to students from the ASU Computer Store at heavily discounted prices)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ (7.0+ recommended; free download ) or Firefox 2 browser (free download )
- Adobe Flash 9+ browser plug-in (free download )
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (free download )
**Note: Since some textbook software and applications, such as Microsoft Project, are not available for the Mac operating system, both Windows and Office for Windows are required for occasional course use, either via emulation or via our remote desktop solution, Citrix (requires a browser plug-in).
Test Your Computer
Use our System Profile tool to test your computer and ensure compatibility with our online technology. Each admitted student must complete the System Profile tool prior to arriving on campus for orientation.
Start your personal computer System Profile
Note that this tool detects browser and system settings only; no personal data or usage history is transmitted or recorded.