Online Master’s in IT Program Format
The W. P. Carey online master’s in IT (MSIM) is ideal for busy working professionals who want to broaden professional and managerial expertise. As a leading online IT masters, W. P. Carey’s program uses Web-based distance learning technology, which allows students to access course material at their convenience. Whatever your goals are after completing the online IT master’s degree, whether you are motivated by advancement in your current career or you wish to acquire skills in the information management area, the MSIM will give you the competitive edge you need to further your goals.
More than any other online IT master’s program, W.P. Carey’s program emphasizes individual flexibility. We know that there are countless individuals that have the drive and the credentials that qualify them for a nationally recognized online IT master’s degree, but don’t necessarily have the time to commit to a two year program. The 16-month online master of information management program begins in either January or August of each year. Unique among online master’s in IT programs, the W.P. Carey program offers two separate start dates, which ensures that there is more than enough opportunity to pursue the MSIM within your individual timeframe.
Our curriculum features integrated coursework in a case-based and team-oriented environment, allowing you to collaborate and leverage the experience of your peers. The online format enables you to immediately apply critical skills and knowledge to your individual work environment.
The W.P. Carey School of Business online IT Master’s degree is a 10-course, 30-credit, lock-step program. Classes are taken one at a time for five weeks, plus a 10-week culminating applied project experience. There is at least a one-week break in between courses.
Benefits of this format include:
- Online classes designed for working professionals
- 16-month online master’s in IT program beginning in January or August each year
- Engagement with professional peers in a convenient and streamlined curriculum
- Challenging courses and talented colleagues fast-track your career
- Core concepts build as courses progress, culminating with an applied project
- Coursework featuring strong theoretical foundations with practical applications
- A teaching philosophy grounded in student participation and focused on cutting-edge topics