MBA/Master of Legal Studies
The MBA/Master of Legal Studies (MBA/MLS) program is offered through a cooperative arrangement between the faculties of the W. P. Carey School of Business and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. The dual degree will allow you to work in areas where business and law intersect and earn two degrees in less time than pursuing them separately.
- A total of 63 hours are required for completion of the MBA/MLS dual degree
- Although you may access Online MBA courses as your schedule permits, MLS classes are scheduled only during the day
- During the first three semesters, you take only business classes
- During the fourth semester, you will take business classes plus two law courses
- One law course is required in the first summer of the dual degree
- During the final semester, you will take only law courses
- Certain Full-time MBA program requirements are waived. They include completing a summer internship and selecting a specialization.
Special Application and Program Notes
At the time of admission to the Online MBA program, you are eligible for consideration for merit based scholarships. Scholarship decisions will be provided with the admission decision. Consult the Online MBA program costs page for more details.
- You must complete application requirements for both programs. You should select the concurrent degree when applying.
- Although the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law and the W. P. Carey School of Business will make independent admissions decisions, each application will invite you to indicate that you have applied, or have been admitted, to the other program.
- GMAT or GRE scores must be submitted to satisfy admission requirements to the Online MBA program.
- Master of Legal Studies applications do not require GMAT, LSAT, or GRE scores, but may require additional supplemental items.
- Official transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent to ASU. Each program may have different requirements regarding supplemental documents.
- Each program maintains separate deadlines. You must be admitted to both programs and each school's office of admissions will render independent decisions.
- Tuition rates for each year of the program are in accordance with prevailing rates set by each school and the board of regents. Consult the Online MBA tuition page for current rates.