MBA/Master of Architecture
The MBA/Master of Architecture program is offered through a cooperative arrangement between the faculties of the W. P. Carey School of Business and the School of Architecture and Landscape in the ASU College of Design. It is intended for students who wish to obtain comprehensive business knowledge to complement their design education.
You can obtain both degrees in approximately three to five years of study depending on the Master of Architecture program selected.
- You spend one year completing 38 credits of MBA courses and either two or three and a half years completing Master of Architecture coursework.
- The MBA program will accept 12 elective credits from the Master of Architecture program to fulfill the credits required for the MBA degree.
- The three-plus-year MBA/Master of Architecture requires a maximum of 137 graduate credit hours. Students must complete at least one year of the Master of Architecture program before beginning the 38 credit hours of MBA coursework. The two-year MBA/Master of Architecture requires a minimum of 94 graduate credit hours to complete.
- Certain full-time MBA program requirements are waived. They include completing a summer internship and selecting a specialization.
Special Application and Program Notes
- You must complete application requirements for both programs. You should select the concurrent degree when applying.
- GMAT scores must be submitted to satisfy admission requirements to the MBA program.
- Master of Architecture application process and requirements may require additional supplemental items.
- Official transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent to ASU. Each program may have different requirements regarding supplemental documents.
- Each program maintains separate deadlines. You must be admitted to both programs and each school's office of admissions will render independent decisions.
- Tuition rates for each year of the program are in accordance with prevailing rates set by each school and the board of regents. Consult the full-time MBA tuition page for current rates.
- At the time of admission to the full-time MBA program, you are eligible for consideration for merit based scholarships. Scholarship decisions will be provided with the admission decision. Consult the full-time MBA scholarship page for more details.
- You must have completed a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a major in architectural studies or similar pre-professional degree in architecture for application to the two-year Master of Architecture program. If you have earned a bachelor's degree in a field other than architectural studies, you are eligible to apply to the three-plus-year program.
- You must complete at least one year in the Master of Architecture program before enrolling in MBA coursework. However, you must apply to the concurrent degree program before taking coursework in either program.
MBA/Master of Architecture students are encouraged to utilize the career services resources in both the W. P. Carey MBA program and the College of Design. You interview with both architecture firms and corporations that recruit ASU graduate students. Both the W. P. Carey MBA program and the College of Design offer professional advisors to help you with internship and post-graduation employment.