All W. P. Carey MBA programs feature a set of core courses that give students a broad understanding of key business disciplines and a robust set of tools that can be used in strategic decision-making. Courses are customized to emphasize how the concepts and tools presented can be applied to the company’s industry and competitive challenges.
Core courses include:
- Financial Accounting – Contemporary financial accounting and reporting systems, with an emphasis on the interpretation and evaluation of a company's external financial reports.
- Managerial Accounting – Managerial accounting concepts and procedures for internal reporting applied to the decision-making activities of professional managers.
- Managerial Economics – Impact of the economic environment on business; tools and techniques of economic analysis used in marketing, finance and strategy.
- Managerial Finance – Developing analytical techniques and financial theories used to make optimal decisions in a corporate setting.
- Marketing Management – Managing the marketing function; market and environmental analysis; marketing planning, strategy and control concepts; development and management of marketing programs.
- Operations and Supply Management – Contemporary management issues, including environmental, project and supply chain management; new product development; quality control; TQM.
- Organization Theory and Behavior – Understanding the human side of organizations through management theories and applications. Developing knowledge and skills for successful management of self and others.
- Statistics for Managers – Fundamentals of statistical analysis to aid management decision making.
- Strategic Management – Formulation of strategy and policy in the organization, emphasizing the integration of decisions in the functional areas.