MBA Executive - Global Perspective
Go beyond the books. The W. P. Carey Executive MBA offers exclusive opportunities to see how policy shapes business decisions, and how companies half a world away can impact your organization.
Business and Public Policy
One of the signature experiences of the W. P. Carey Executive MBA, Business and Public Policy takes you to the Arizona capitol and Washington, D.C. to see business and public policy in action on both a state and federal level. Participate in an Arizona legislative process, then observe first-hand how the federal government interacts with business policy in the nation’s capital. This strategy course not only reveals a side of business never seen in a classroom, but also helps you understand how public policies can create opportunities or threats for organizations.
- Experience the structure and operations of the various branches of government
- Discover how to monitor and anticipate key public policy decisions
- Participate in a policy simulation
Travel abroad and see how business gets done around the world. The International Practicum provides critical insights into the ever-changing global economy. Study international management concepts in the classroom then put them into practice during a class trip overseas. Past visits have included sites in Europe, South America, and Southeast Asia.
- Visit local businesses and industries
- Discuss live case examples with local business leaders, government officials, and industry experts
- Engage in case discussions and classroom experiences with local professors