MIM/Master of Legal Studies
The MIM/Master of Legal Studies (MIM/MLS) program is offered through a cooperative arrangement between the faculties of the W. P. Carey School of Business and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. The dual degree will allow you to work in areas where business and law intersect and earn two degrees in less time than pursuing them separately.
- A total of 55.5 hours are required for completion of the MIM/MLS dual degree
- Classes for both the MiM and the MLS degrees are scheduled during the day
- During the first semester, you take only business classes
- During the second semester, you will take business classes plus two law courses
- After the second semester, you will be enrolled exclusively in law courses
Special Application and Program Notes
- You must complete application requirements for both programs. You should select the concurrent degree when applying.
- Although the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law and the W. P. Carey School of Business will make independent admissions decisions, each application will invite you to indicate that you have applied, or have been admitted, to the other program.
- GMAT or GRE scores must be submitted to satisfy admission requirements to the MBA program.
- Master of Legal Studies applications do not require GMAT, LSAT, or GRE scores, but may require additional supplemental items.
- Official transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent to ASU. Each program may have different requirements regarding supplemental documents.
- Each program maintains separate deadlines. You must be admitted to both programs and each school's office of admissions will render independent decisions.
Tuition rates for each year of the program are in accordance with prevailing rates set by each school and the board of regents. Consult the MIM tuition page for current rates.