Top-ranked research faculty members at the W. P. Carey School bring their real-world experience into each class. You’ll gain an analytical portfolio of business skills taught through integrative case-based discussions, project-based learning and team work. Courses include:
- Financial Accounting — Financial accounting concepts and procedures for external reporting.
- Organizational Theory and Behavior — Concepts and applications of management, including motivation, leadership, group dynamics, organization design, decision-making, communication and organization change.
- Managerial Statistics — Fundamentals of quantitative analysis to aid managerial decision-making under uncertainty.
- Strategic Leadership — An overview of strategy and policy in the organization, emphasizing the integration of decisions in functional areas.
- Managerial Economics — Application of microeconomics analysis to managerial decision-making at the firm level in areas of supply and demand, production, cost and pricing; evaluation of competitive strategies.
- Managerial Finance — Theory and practice of financial decision-making, including risk analysis, valuation, capital budgeting, cost of capital and working capital management.
- Marketing Management — Managing the marketing function; market and environmental analysis; marketing planning, strategy and control concepts. Development and management of marketing programs.
- Management Information and Decision Support Systems — The impact of information systems and their utilization within organizations to complement and enhance business strategies.
- Negotiations —A foundation in the essential knowledge bases crucial to being an effective negotiator delivered through experiential exercises and negotiation simulations, as well as discussions of negotiation-based cases.
- Entrepreneurial Consulting Project — Generate and evaluate solutions while working with a real business client on a consulting assignment, provide recommendations, and prepare and present a final report to the client.