How to: Choose the Right Format for You
To help IT professionals achieve their career goals wherever they are and whenever classes and projects work best for their schedules, the W. P. Carey MSIM program offers two distinct options: Evening and Online. Regardless of which format you choose, you’ll receive the same high-caliber information management degree taught by the same world-renowned faculty.
One very important facet of master’s degrees for working professionals that often goes overlooked is the administrative support you receive. And in addition to the same curriculum and faculty, you’ll benefit from a dedicated support team whether you take your classes on the Tempe campus or online. With your busy life, course registration, ordering and delivering textbooks, and access to career resources are vital components of navigating a master’s degree, and the W. P. Carey School builds that level of support into the Evening and Online MSIM formats.
While many aspects of the MSIM are designed to give you the same experience, there are obviously some differences between an on-campus degree and an online degree. Here are some other things to consider before deciding which path is right for you:
- The Evening MSIM classes are two nights a week from 6-10 PM at the Tempe campus
- The Online MSIM is available anywhere you have an internet connection
- Do you have travel commitments for work?
- Are you planning to relocate while in the program?
- Learning Style
- Online students must be comfortable with online assignments, exams, lectures, and discussions
- Evening students can not only commit to two nights per week in class but also benefit from face-to-face interaction with your classmates and professors
No matter which format is the best fit for your schedule and life, you’ll learn to leverage IT in your organization and develop vital teamwork and management skills to help you advance your career.