The W. P. Carey masters information management (MSIM) program is ideal for busy working professionals who want to broaden their professional and managerial expertise through the completion of a master’s degree in one year. Whether you are motivated to receive an MSIM degree by advancement in your current career or you wish to acquire skills in the information management area, the MSIM will give you the competitive edge you need to further your goals.
The one-year evening program for master's of information management students begins in June of each year. Our curriculum features integrated coursework in a case-based and team-oriented environment in which you engage in discussions leveraging the experience of your peers. You also enjoy the ability to immediately apply the skills and knowledge obtained in the classroom to your individual work environment.
The MSIM is a 10-course, 30-credit, lock-step program. Classes meet from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. two nights per week, with a few Saturday sessions during the year. The program is available in either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday format, giving greater flexibility to our master's students to complete their coursework within their busy schedules.
Benefits of this format include:
- Evening classes designed for working professionals
- One-year master’s information management program that starts in June and ends in May of the following year
- You engage with professional peers in a convenient and streamlined curriculum
- Challenging courses and talented colleagues fast-track your career
- Core concepts build as courses progress (lock-step) to culminate in an applied project experience
- Coursework features strong theoretical foundations with practical applications
- A teaching philosophy grounded in class participation and lively exchange focused on cutting-edge topics