About the Department of Management
W. P. Carey management students gain current and relevant knowledge of management practice and theory from esteemed faculty who are excellent scholars and teachers. They publish more leading textbooks in management than any other management faculty in the world, and they have won several local and international teaching awards.
Our faculty includes five fellows of the Academy of Management, the incoming president of the academy and the editor of Academy of Management Review.
In a recent update of research rankings, the Department of Management achieved top-level, number one ranking worldwide in research performance in top journals. The intellectual capacity represented by this climb in research rankings has been translated into dramatic curriculum revisions in the undergraduate program.
The Management Department endeavors to:
- Prepare students to become team-skilled, collaborative leaders
- Promote theories and concepts of management and ethical leadership
- Maintain national rankings in both research and teaching
- The undergraduate management program is ranked #17 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Texas A & M University and the University of Florida rank the W. P. Carey Department of Management #1 in North America for research productivity.