Journal of Operations Management
The Journal of Operations Management (JOM) is an empirical journal whose mission is to advance the theories of operations management (OM) and supply chain management (SCM).
It is the premier ranked journal, repeatedly ranked above other journals in the discipline. It is one of the OM-SCM focused empirical journals used by both the Financial Times in its rankings of Business Schools as well as by the University of Texas in its assessment of scholarship.
In terms of citation share, in 2011JOM was given the following ISI category ranking:
- 1/73 in "Operations Research & Management Science"
- 7/166 in "Management"
Special Issues in Progress
- "Competitive Manufacturing in a High-Cost Environment," with Suzanne de Treville, Mikko Ketokivi, and Vinod Singhal as guest editors. Learn more.
- "System Dynamics: Emergence, Reinforcement, Adaptation and Traps," with John Sterman, Rogelio Olivera, Kevin Linderman, and Elliot Bendoly as guest editors. Learn more.
- "Professional Service Operations Management," with Michael Lewis, Jean Harvey, and Janelle Heineke as guest editors. Learn more.
2012 Special Issues
- Special issue on “Implementing Operations Strategy for Competitive Advantage” with Daniel Krause, Kannan Ramaswamy, and William Youngdahl as guest editors. Learn more.
- Special issue on "Service Triads" with Finn Wynstra, Martin Spring, and Tobias Schoenherr as guest editors. Learn more.
Rankings and Statistics