Department of Information Systems - Application Materials
Admission to the Ph.D. program requires high-order analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and the ability to work independently in pursuing scholarly research.
The online application should take about 30 minutes to complete once you collect the admissions materials including your letters of recommendation, personal statement and work experience.
GMAT scores are preferred, although the GRE is accepted.
- GMAT institutional code: 0GZ-1R-18
- GRE institutional code: 4007
Mail all official university transcripts to the ASU Office of Graduate Education, or request that your original institution submit them directly. A Document Reference Number can be included on each transcript for authentication purposes. For international transcripts, review ASU Office of Graduate Education guidelines.
- Domestic Application Fee: $70
- International Application Fee: $90
An additional $50 fee will be required for applications received after July 1. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received and fees are non-refundable.
Letters of Recommendation
Select a minimum of three individuals who can speak to your personal qualities, career focus and potential for success in the Ph.D. program. One letter should be from your current employer (supervisor or manager), with the remainder from individuals who can best evaluate your potential for graduate-level business study. These typically are faculty or other professional associates. Letters of recommendation should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
The ASU Office of Graduate Education provides student visa documentation three to five months prior to the term of enrollment. A financial guarantee form and an enrollment deposit must be submitted before visa documents can be processed. You may also be required to submit evidence of English proficiency.
- Competency in mathematics
- Strong quantitative ability
- Competency in the use of computer technology for analytical purposes
- An undergraduate degree in a related field from an accredited university
- Master’s degree or MBA is recommended (30 credits may count towards the minimum total of 84 hours of coursework in our doctoral program.)
- GMAT or GRE score