Executive Education - How to Apply
How to Apply
Join fellow leaders to acquire tools and knowledge instantly applicable in your small business. The Small Business Leadership Academy (SBLA) will hone the skills you need to compete and advance as a small business leader.
SBLA coursework builds your applied knowledgebase, helping you to:
- Conceive and execute strategies to generate competitive advantage
- Identify and capitalize on competencies through strategic growth
- Realize your competitive advantage through more effective branding
- Enhance idea generation and assessment to lead innovation success
Alongside other small business leaders, you’ll also learn how to:
- Leverage experiential awareness for more successful negotiations
- Integrate systems to align with and achieve overarching business strategies
- Think creatively to overcome challenges and profit from opportunities
- Apply techniques to better manage and motivate employees and teams
- Adopt practices to support positive organizational outcomes and culture
W. P. Carey maintains standards of eligibility to ensure SBLA is maximally informative and valuable for a high-caliber and diverse group of small business leaders. To qualify, you must be willing and able to attend all eight scheduled classes and related activities, and meet the following business-related requirements:
- Minimum business tenure of three (3) years
- Annual revenues between $1 million and $10 million
- Fewer than 100 employees
Please submit your completed application — including all questions and associated documents — no later than the Friday July 18th deadline. Applications must be signed and submitted by the owner/principal, even if nominating another executive. If not the owner, the SBLA participant must be in a position to affect change in the organization.
Acceptance notifications are made on a rolling basis, and no later than Friday, August 8th.
Tuition of $3,200 includes all instruction, books and materials, parking, and graduation. A limited number of scholarships are made possible by sponsor contributions in support of the Arizona small business community.
8 courses over 8 weeks, on Wednesday evenings
$3,200 per person, limited scholarships available
Applications due July 18th
Applicants notified of acceptance by August 8th
Program begins September 3, 2014