What is the Services Strategy Workshop?
The Services Strategy Workshop is a heart-pounding, "roll-up-your-sleeves and get to work" leadership development experience that simulates running a services business. Participants work in small teams managing their company to dominate the marketplace and maximize profits while also achieving high customer satisfaction.
Each firm must develop an overall strategy and then, each simulated quarter, make decisions related to human resources, marketing, service delivery and operations to execute on that strategy given current market conditions. The simulation provides immediate feedback on the results of team decisions and producesreports and market research to improve upon future decisions.
The simulation was developed by LINKS, a leading company in business simulations for over a decade, and field tested at Arizona State University's Center for Services Leadership. This simulation will equip you to:
- See the results of years of decision making in a short period of time – it provides an accelerated learning experience at an executive level.
- Develop self-confidence in using data to make business decisions - even data that falls outside your own functional area.
- Know how to position a company in the marketplace and design effective and profitable service for that market.
- Appreciate the cost of poor, ill-informed decision making and the value of making. intelligent trade-offs - i.e., when to trade revenue for customer satisfaction.
- Understand the importance of aligning functional areas around a strategic position and see dangers of 'silos' and benefits of effective market segmentation.
Find out more details and pricing information on this program.