Services Strategy Workshop Details and Description
Who should attend?
The Services Strategy Workshop is perfect for:
- Managers who are new to services and quickly need to learn how a service company differs from a product company
- Managers who have been in specific functional roles – e.g., human resources, finance, marketing managers - who need to understand the broad range implications of their decisions on the entire company
- Managers outside of the area of business – e.g., engineers, health care practitioners - who need to see how a service business is run
- Managers who are inexperienced with using data to make business decisions.
What will I experience?
You will experience the joys and pressures that a senior leadership team would face in running a service business. You’ll learn to work collaboratively. You might even lay awake at night wondering if the decision you made was the right one for your team and you might check your email the moment you wake up for your results reports.
What will I have achieved?
By the end of this session you will have:
- Developed an appreciation for the importance of taking a position in the market place and maintaining a consistent strategy
- Grown in your confidence to use data to make decisions
- Become aware of your executive leadership strengths and weakness first hand through working with a team on strategic decision making
- Discovered when to - and when not to - invest in market research
- Understood how the functions in business – e.g., marketing, human resources, operations - must work together at a high level rather than function as silos
What qualifications should participants have?
Ideally, you should have a bachelor’s degree in a business discipline and/or are familiar with the basic principles and terminology of finance, operations, and marketing, but it is not a requirement. The CD Guide has tutorials on reading financial statements and operational reports, but participants must be able to appreciate the concepts involved.
Who should be on a team?
Your team should be comprised of 4-5 people in the same or close time zones. Ideally, your team should consist of people from different functions, but this is not a requirement. Different perspectives add richness to decisions and enhance learning.
How long does the session take to complete?
The Services Strategy Workshop is extremely flexible. Ideally, teams will go through six decision making rounds. On average, each decision making round will require up to 3 hours of research, results analysis and group discussion. If delivered on-ground, we can structure and deliver the session over the course of 2 or 3 days. If delivered on-line, we recommend structuring and delivering the session over 4 weeks. In this timeframe, team members would spend a total of 3 working days each to complete the program.
Who do I contact about the Services Strategy Workshop?
If you would like further information regarding this unique learning opportunity, please contact Alicia Holder, Director of Business Partnerships at (480) 965-6274, or at Alicia.Holder@asu.edu.