Accounting Master’s Internship (ACC 484)
Accountancy students interested in the Master of Accountancy (MACC) or Master of Taxation (MTAX) program may earn academic credit for a full-time internship (ACC 484) in the spring semester of their senior year. To qualify for the internship, the following criteria must be met:
- ASU accountancy major—all ACC courses taken at ASU
- 3.5 major GPA (upper division ACC courses)
- 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Earned a “C” or better in ACC 340, 350, 430, 440, 450
Students interested in obtaining a Master’s Internship will interview for specific internship positions in October, during the School of Accountancy interview week. Upon meeting the above requirements and obtaining an offer from the employer, students may register for ACC 484, “Accountancy Internship”, for 6 credit hours.
Master’s Internships are full-time (40+ hrs/week), PAID internships and begin in early January and end in late February/early March. The majority of internship positions will be with the public accounting firms. Students who’ve acquired a Master’s Internship are eligible for the following benefits:
- Early acceptance to the MACC or MTAX program (subject to maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Waiver of GMAT requirement for admission to MACC/MTAX (subject to maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Early consideration for School of Accountancy scholarships and Graduate Assistantships
Students doing a Master’s Internship will follow the Internship Track noted on the Accountancy Major Map.
For more information on this track, please see https://my.wpcarey.asu.edu/undergrad/advising/acc-advising.cfm